Qualification: Twenty (20) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
Qualification: Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develops comprehensive SOA solutions
- Develops operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Conducts and/or approves end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Improves standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully defines interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics of hardware
- Uses validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Develops alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
- Ensures effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Serves as a member of the CCB