Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic. Develop, integrate, and execute test plans for wireless assessments including scripts for automation. Stays abreast of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to WiFi, and apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer wireless networks. Perform assessments of Wireless LAN (WLAN) networks employing advanced security.
5 years+ of wireless implementation and support of advanced 802.11a/b/g/n network design.
5 years+ designing, implementing, and supporting wireless access points and controllers Cisco, Aruba or other major vendors.
Knowledge of WIDS/WIPS technologies, VPNs, firewall theory, and packet analysis principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks.
Possess at least two of the following certifications: CWNA, CWSP, CWAP, CWDP, CWNE, ACMA, ACMP, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, or CCNP Wireless.
- Expert knowledge of wireless standards (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ad) and 802.1X authentication.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks utilizing 802.1X authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
- Advanced knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, bridging, STP, 802.1q, 802.3ad, TCP/IP, DHCP, MPLS), SNMP, HTTP, Linux/Unix/Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems.
- Multi-protocol data network experience with a strong knowledge of routing and routed protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Demonstrated expert ability capturing, analyzing, and interpreting raw network traffic.
- Extensive experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Omnipeek, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to program techniques to evade network-based intrusion detection systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related fields.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Hanover, MD area
About Ocean Riders Engineering:
Ocean Riders Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic woman-owned, agile small business with a great depth of experience in an array of engineering related services. Our experience includes systems engineering, project engineering, and specialized engineering expertise to support National Security, the Intelligence Community, and DoD critical missions since 2009. Our team develops and maintains strong relationships with our customers to ensure customer satisfaction and mission success.
Ocean Riders Engineering provides generous benefits including: Health Care paid for employee and 50% for dependents, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term disability, SEP-IRA with 10% employer contribution, Profit Sharing, 15 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays.
Ocean Riders Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.