Provide reverse engineering of mobile and wireless hardware components, software applications and operating systems to determine functionality, code structure, and circuit design to discover vulnerabilities and provide proof of concept demonstrations. Write reports, proof-of-concept code, prototypes, and hands-on demonstrations of reverse engineering results. Provide/author and participate in technical presentations on assigned projects. Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic. Stay abreast of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to mobility, WiFi, and apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer networks.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience programming in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python.
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in either hardware or software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery.
- Demonstrated ability to administer and use hardware and software reverse engineering tools.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience programming CNO tools that incorporate covert means of execution, file storage, network communications, and data exfiltration for Windows, UNIX, and/or mobile operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of wireless standards (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ad) and 802.1X authentication.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks utilizing 802.1X authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
- Advanced knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, bridging, STP, 802.1q, 802.3ad, TCP/IP, DHCP, MPLS), SNMP, HTTP, Linux/Unix/Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems
- Multi-protocol data network experience with a strong knowledge of routing and routed protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Omnipeek, etc.)
- Knowledge of WIDS/WIPS technologies, VPNs, firewall theory, and packet analysis principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks.
- Demonstrated ability with version control software (i.e. Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in software debugging •Demonstrated ability to create and brief technical presentations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related fields. In lieu of degree, candidate must possess a minimum five (5) years of experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Hanover, MD area
About Ocean Riders Engineering:
Ocean Riders Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic woman-owned, agile small business with a great depth of experience in an array of engineering related services. Our experience includes systems engineering, project engineering, and specialized engineering expertise to support National Security, the Intelligence Community, and DoD critical missions since 2009. Our team develops and maintains strong relationships with our customers to ensure customer satisfaction and mission success.
Ocean Riders Engineering provides generous benefits including: Health Care paid for employee and 50% for dependents, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term disability, SEP-IRA with 10% employer contribution, Profit Sharing, 15 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays.
Ocean Riders Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.