Provides network engineering support for local and globally-distributed networks of varying sizes and configurations, and provide system administration, sustainment, and enhancement to include: management of a pool of virtual, mixed environments; remote health and status monitoring; design, sustainment, and enhancement of computer and system architectures; engineering support for lab systems, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems; creation, sustainment, and enhancement of system documentation; the physical installation of network equipment, racks, and infrastructure (both locally and at field sites); and research support for the design of network systems. Incorporate new technology into advanced development prototypes for next-generation front-end systems. Provide engineering support for network processor research labs, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems. Act as a System Administrator for both in-house equipment and that in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technically similar degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Seven (7) years of experience establishing LANs, to include creation and configuration of common services.
- Possession of two (2) or more of the following certifications is required: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Seven (7) years assembling and configuring equipment racks comprised of RAIDs, switches, and Linux hosts, and the installation of fiber optic and copper cabling.
- Seven (7) years administering Linux systems, to include installation of servers using PXE (e.g. Cobbler/Kickstart), producing RPMs for custom software installation, and/or the installation of Ubuntu and RedHat.
- Five (5) years of experience with large system administration (>100 nodes) for geographically distributed systems of systems.
- Three (3) years of experience programming in C and/or C++.
- Demonstrated experience with the reconfiguration & recompiling of Linux kernels.
- Demonstrated experience with GUI development.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technically similar degree from an accredited college or university is required desired.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Fort Meade, MD area
About Ocean Riders Engineering:
Ocean Riders Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic woman-owned, agile small business with a great depth of experience in an array of engineering related services. Our experience includes systems engineering, project engineering, and specialized engineering expertise to support National Security, the Intelligence Community, and DoD critical missions since 2009. Our team develops and maintains strong relationships with our customers to ensure customer satisfaction and mission success.
Ocean Riders Engineering provides generous benefits including: Health Care 100% paid for employee and 50% for dependents, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term disability, SEP-IRA with 10% employer contribution, Profit Sharing, 15 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays.
Ocean Riders Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.