The Principal Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering analysis for a variety of network related projects and act as the technical liaison for the government program manager. The PSE will evaluate projects to determine fit with mission requirements, technical feasibility, capabilities, and project plans. The successful candidate will have a technical background in telecommunication networks and understand network architecture, protocols, and data flows. Additionally, a background in program or project management is required to evaluate project proposals and review program status during development. The PSE will identify to the government program manager the strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in the project proposals and provide recommendations to overcome potential issues. Stays abreast of and researches emerging technologies and market trends in order to develop whitepapers for future mission requirements.
- Knowledge of enterprise and telecommunications network architectures.
- Knowledge of network equipment (routers, switches, security devices, etc.).
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, OSPF, MPLS, LTE, GSM, etc.)
- Program and/or Project Management Experience (scheduling, risk management, resource management).
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs and recommendations
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Must able to write white papers, produce program status reports, and present information to senior government leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree and twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience. Four (4) additional years of general systems engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Fort Meade, MD area
About Ocean Riders Engineering:
Ocean Riders Engineering, Inc. is a woman-owned, agile small business with a great depth of experience in an array of engineering services. Our experience includes systems engineering, project engineering, and software engineering in support of national security, Intelligence Community, and DoD critical missions.
Ocean Riders Engineering provides generous benefits including: Health Care, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term disability, Retirement Account with 10% employer contribution, Profit Sharing, 15 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays.
Ocean Riders Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.