Provide installation, configuration and operational use of network security devices
including; firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and network traffic analyzers. Provide installation, configuration and operational use of anti-virus, anti-spyware, and commercial computer forensic tools and products. Collect on-net signatures for network security devices and identify those signatures that are unique to a particular device. Provide support to CNO developers by evaluating CNO tools and techniques with the above mentioned security products and tools. Provide written reports on results of evaluations.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering. Certifications in MCSE, RHCE, CEH, CCNA, or CISSP preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with system (Windows, Linux, and Solaris) and network administration.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with network protocols, network routing devices, computer security devices, security architectures, methodologies and tools.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience installing and configuring networking devices (routers, switches).
- Minimum one (1) year of experience installing and configuring VMWare products (GSX, ESX, and Workstations).
- Minimum one (1) year of scripting experience (Perl, VB script, or Unix shell scripts).
- Able to install and configure network security devices, such as firewalls and network Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS). Able to install and configure anti-virus software and spy-ware protection software.
- Able to design, write, and execute software test plans.
- Experience with configuration management, IP management, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in designing and implementing network architecture scenarios containing various operating system and application versions to include Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
- Able to replicate real world network and system scenarios in a lab environment.
- Technical writing skills capable of accurately describing lab design, tool usage, and tool testing procedures.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Fort Meade, MD area
Ocean Riders Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic woman-owned, agile small business with a great depth of experience in an array of engineering related services. Our experience includes systems engineering, project engineering, and specialized engineering expertise to support National Security, the Intelligence Community, and DoD critical missions since 2009. Our team develops and maintains strong relationships with our customers to ensure customer satisfaction and mission success.
Ocean Riders Engineering provides generous benefits including: Health Care 100% paid for employee and 50% for dependents, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term disability, SEP-IRA with 10% employer contribution, Profit Sharing, 15 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays.
Ocean Riders Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.