This position supports Mobility Strategies and Operations to support two key systems, which include a Portfolio Planning and Execution (PEB) tool and conference management tool. Design, maintain, and enhance diverse software systems based on provided requirements. This position can work individually or within a team of subject matter experts to analyze user requirements to make decisions on technology, derive software design, and code/update new and/or existing software. This individual shall be comfortable with agile methods and spin planning, as well as rapid prototyping execution and demonstration, and integrating continual customer feedback. A successful candidate thinks critically about the placement and use of COTS, GOTS, and FOSS software in place of ground-up customer development, while integrating to enterprise frameworks and services.
- Solid understanding of current web standards and technologies.
- Experience with Bootstrap, jQuery UI, and the jQuery ecosystem, OR strong understanding of MEAN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js).
- Strong User Interface design skills.
- Experience creating, integrating, and maintaining JIRA and Confluence projects.
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies and practices.
- Experience using Git for source code control repository.
- Experience in leveraging MACHINESHOP and PARTSHOP for development and production deployments.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Systems, Communications, Computer, or Electrical), Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or similar degree and meets the experience requirements, or equivalent documented combination of training and experience.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Fort Meade, MD area
About Ocean Riders Engineering:
Ocean Riders Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic woman-owned, agile small business with a great depth of experience in an array of engineering related services. Our experience includes systems engineering, project engineering, and specialized engineering expertise to support National Security, the Intelligence Community, and DoD critical missions since 2009. Our team develops and maintains strong relationships with our customers to ensure customer satisfaction and mission success.
Ocean Riders Engineering provides generous benefits including: Health Care paid for employee and 50% for dependents, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term disability, SEP-IRA with 10% employer contribution, Profit Sharing, 15 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays.
Ocean Riders Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.